Thursday, March 20, 2008

What A Day!!


We have survived our first "Upheaval" celebration and boy are we tired. The pictures above show some of the entries in the parade that kicked off the whole thing. Our three piece band played for over two hours in the afternoon WITHOUT A BREAK! I want to talk to my union rep. Sue had to keep bringing me sodas because I had no way to get them myself. I didn't drink any beers. Maybe I should have been more "lubricated" because I got a serious case of Mickey Mouse hands on one of the guitar leads. Check out a clip of us doing Jailhouse Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoia6TRjROk



The evening show started at 7:00 and didn't close until after 9:00, with only a ten minute intermission in the middle. Gator and I did one song each. He did "Today, I Started Loving You Again", in F# no less. I just played it in F and played fast enough to kick it up to F#. I finished the song before he did, but it was only country music. I sang "Blue Bayou", somewhere between the Roy Orbison and the Linda
Ronstadt versions. We had fun, which is the key. The crowd estimate for the night show was 400. People actually came in from outside the park for this show. I think that it was the 16th year that they have held the show.




Today, we are relaxing. It rained briefly this morning, but now we have blue skies and sunshine. I plan to get a little UV exposure and then watch Kent play UNLV. After that, I'm thinking nap time.


No comments: