Monday, February 16, 2009

Analog, Schmanalog


I thought that I would write this short post today because tomorrow, all electronic communication on earth is evidently coming to a screeching halt. (or so it seems)

Even though our government has given us until June to prepar
e for digital doom, the stations here in Fort Myers are changing over tomorrow. It's sort of the broadcast version of the early bird special. That's FL for ya'!

We are taking no chances. I connected our Direct TV dish today. With the free cab
le here at Upriver, we have not needed the satellite. I figure that it can be a backup system. Sort of like Howard's generator.

Actually, there are more reasons that I needed to get the dish up and running. The Indians are televising the first three spring training games on STO,
starting on 2/25. Also, I want to watch the MAC bball tourney and March Madness. And we can get XM radio and order PPV movies. The XM radio gives nice background music when we are just hangin' around the bus.

If the electronic world disappears tomorrow, take care and be nice to each other. If not, watch for the next blog post.

No comments: