Monday, April 20, 2009

Semi-Rant


I don't really rant much any more, and this really isn't one, but I had to share the dining adventure that myself, Sue, Kim and Mike had last night.

We decided to go to BW3(I don't think that this is the actual name anymore, but I'm old and set in my ways) in Kent for dinner. A favorite place of ours for years. Surprisingly, it was really crowded, especially for a Sunday night. We placed our order, got some trivia modules and played NTN Trivia while we waited for our food. (and waited and waited). After almost an hour, and the guy who ordered before us had his food, I went to the counter and asked about our food. After some discussion in the kitchen, it was announced that, due to a slight miscommunication, our food had been given to someone else. AAAAAAAAH!

They offered to (A) take off the charge(DUH!) and (B) give us our food anyway. We took (A) but declined (B). We walked down the street to Ray's Place, a long-time Kent eatery, famous for their spaghetti, among other items.

Well, it turns out that Ray's Place was out of spaghetti. Shoulda guessed. All worked out though. Mike had a burger and the rest of us had lasagna.

For years, I avoided the Pufferbelly restaurant in Kent because they had one of my friends' car towed when she parked in their lot to go to BW3 across the street. (and she had to pay over $100 to get the car back). At least for now, Pufferbelly has to take a back seat to BW3.

And today is a new day. End of discussion.

3 comments:

ASLTerp said...

I saw the title of your blog from the link on my blog and I thought that maybe your "semi-rant" had to deal with that "homerun" the Yankees hit yesterday.

Bill said...

That was bad too, but at least no food was involved.

Anonymous said...

I heard about your dining dilemma from Mom last night...sounds like fun...sorry I missed it. I probably would have taken the free food...I like free stuff.

Kris