Sunday, November 16, 2008

Makin' Soup

Last Friday was "Making Tomato Soup" day at our house. The pictures below show some of the process. We made two batches, using about 22 lbs of tomatoes for each one. We had to buy some tomatoes at the local farmer's market to add to those that we had frozen from our garden. The result was 32 pint jars plus a little extra. The first taste tests are back and are positive. Ten jars are already on their way back to Cincinnati with Kris. The recipe is from my mom and she got it from her mom. Kris, Mark, Mike and Kim have to learn how to do this before Sue and I forget how.

(Just click on the picture to see the whole slide show. It may take a few seconds for pictures to focus.)

Making Soup

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have the gist of it now...I should be able to pull it off...if I can gather my tools and ingredients properly before next harvest.

Kris