Monday, January 9, 2012

Just A Cabin In The Hills

While we were spending a couple of days in Hendersonville, TN during the holidays, we toured The Fontanel, the former home of country music star Barbara Mandrell and her husband. Sue and I along with David and Barbara (Moomy, not Mandrell) checked out the gift shop, ate lunch at the Farmhouse Restaurant next door and then boarded a bus for the mile long ride to what is billed as the largest log home in the world.

The cabin has 20 rooms and 27,000 sq. ft. of floorspace. Even though there are large rooms for entertaining, the living area of the cabin is remarkably "homey" with much more normal sized rooms for eating, sleeping and relaxing.

Here are pictures that I took during our visit. There were guitars on the walls everywhere. They were donated by famous musicians. I especially liked one of the red, white and blue guitars that I watched Buck Owens play on "Hee-Haw". I put all the guitar pictures at the end of the album. I didn't take pictures of all of them, only a sample.

If you want to know more about The Fontanel, click on the link at the top right of the blog page.


No comments: