Friday, January 11, 2008

Clean Bus


Well, it took a large part of the morning and afternoon, but I got the bus cleaned up. If I had done it in a big bath tub, the water would have been filthy. We picked up a large amount of dirt on the way down here. I told some of the people in the office that they could blame me if it rained. Because of the recent dry weather, they thought that most people would thank me if I caused rain. They actually have restrictions on what days and hours you can wash vehicles.

An update from yesterday's post. It turns out that the Minnesota Twins also have their Spring Training home about 18 miles from here. That gives us a second team to choose from if we want to attend a game. Unfortunately, they don't play any games against the Indians. Speaking of the Tribe, how about the name change from Jacobs Field to Progressive Field? Money talks.

If you have seen the news, you know about the big accident on I-4 a couple of days ago. It was near where we stayed Monday night. There were a couple of accidents on I-75 today that bottled up traffic for a while. Luckily, we got here earlier and missed all that.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Sue and Bill,

Glad you have a clean home. Hopefully the EPA won't investigate that dirty spot at the campground and declare it dump site.
Dad and I went to the Nashville boat show today. We were going to buy the Somerset 72 ft houseboat but we were a few dollars short.

Dave

ASLTerp said...

"Progressive Field" That just sounds stupid. No character. I know most ballparks have sold out to corporate America, but somehow Wrigley Field and Great American Ball Park sounds less commercial.